The world is experiencing a global housing crisis
- By 2020, it is estimated the world slum population will reach almost 1 billion.
- Lack of clean water and sanitation claim the lives of more than 1.8 million young children every year.
In the United States, 48.5 million people are living in poverty
- Minimum wage is not keeping up with the rising cost of living and many workers struggle to afford decent housing.
Decent, stable housing provides more than just a roof over someone’s head
- Stability for families and children.
- Sense of dignity and pride.
- Health, physical safety and security.
- Increase of educational and job prospects.