How do I volunteer?
Thursday, September 5th, 2019
It’s easy! Simply fill out our Volunteer Application & Waiver form and return it to our Volunteer Coordinator. A ReStore volunteer’s primary responsibility is to greet customers that visit or call the ReStore, answer questions and provide information about the ReStore and about the Habitat affiliate, scheduling donor pickups and communicating pickup schedule with drivers. More specific responsibilities may include:
- Greet customers by phone or in person
- Explain the layout of the ReStore and the range of inventory on hand
- Escort customers to specific items when appropriate and explain the purchase options
- Serve as the cashier for sales transactions
- Coordinate donor calls and donor’s personal requests for donation pick up’s into an effective collection route schedule for use by the Vehicle Driver
- Support all staff and volunteers Manager with pricing of inventory items
- Perform such other tasks as may be needed or requested to facilitate a positive customer experience at the ReStore
- Pick up and/or deliver donations/purchases
For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator Jane Iery by phone (906)228-3578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the ReStore at (906)249-4416.