Ability to pay is determined by information provided and collected during the application process.
Information on the paper application, pay stubs, benefit statements, previously filed federal tax returns, and credit reports are examples of the resources used to determine this ability.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- a steady, reliable source of income and demonstrate financial responsibility
- the ability to pay a monthly house payment no greater than 30% of gross monthly income (taxes and insurance included)
- the ability to pay projected monthly utilities (electric/gas & water/sewer)
- NOT have filed for bankruptcy within the past 2 years
- NOT have outstanding collections, liens or judgments that cannot reasonably be paid by the completion of the home build
- The ability to afford a down payment of $1,000 (can be paid in installments as pre-arranged)
- You must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States